Users homed on SBA can´t sign in on the skype for business client when are located in the central site. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Greetings

Someone may help me with the following issue? please.

We have a issue with the users that are homed on SBA and they travel to the central site but they can´t sign in
    on the skype for business client.

Our company have a pool of Front Ends. It is assigned to the users that are working on central site. Also, We have 3 SBA that are located on different places. So, each SBA  have users that have assigned to specific pool. For example:

user on central site: user1@poollynccentralsite.com
    user on SBA 1 located on Site 1: usersba1@poolsba1.com
    user on SBA 2 located on Site 2: usersba2@poolsba2.com
    user on SBA 2 located on Site 3: usersba3@poolsba3.com

Sometimes, some users need to travel to the central site for work´s business and they try to login to their skype for business client but doesn´t work. So, we must be assign the pool of the central site and the login works fine. When the user come back, then we must be rollback the change.

The question is; why must be we assign the pool of the relationed site if the login must be automatic? I mean, does not matter if the user is in the pool of the central site or SBA 1 or SBA 2 or SBA 3, the sign in must be works fine if the user trip around the different sites.

Thank you so much for your pay attention.

Regards.
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi 

Greetings

I was consulting about the firewall with the IT group but they said that they don´t have a firewall between the SBA and central site. Also, they don´t have any vlan filter between SBA and central site. 

We were checking the enabled ports between SBAs and Fe of the central site and the ports are opened. I checked the ports based on the documentation of Audiocodes for SBA implementation.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by NameHJeff Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:25 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi NameHJeff,

Did this issue occur in all of the users which are homed on the SBAs?

For this issue, we suggest you could try to check whether there’re some Event errors in the FE servers when this issue occurs.

In addition, you could also use the Fiddler tool to check the sign-in process when this issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 25, 2019 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Where does your lyncdiscoverinternal A record point to at the central site? Presuming it's Central Site Pool...

Is it the same lyncdiscoverinternal record that a user would use when they're based on Site 1?

Friday, January 25, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Hi Evan

Thank you for your response.

The issue occurs for all users homed on the SBA, cause a user that has the pool of the central site travels to a site that has a SBA, the sign in works fine.

We haven´t viewed anything on the Event  viewer in the FE servers.

We will use the Fiddler tool but we haven´t used before, so we will search how can we use it and we will upload the logs that the Fiddler tool show us.

Regards,

Friday, January 25, 2019 2:25 PM
  • Hi

Thank you for your response.

The lyncdiscoverinternal A record point to the poollynccentralsite, so this pool has the FE servers and they are in the central site, so is the central site pool of the skype for business platform.

The users homed on the SBAs, have the same lyncdiscoverinternal A record.

Regards.

Friday, January 25, 2019 2:39 PM
  • I was thinking firewall as I thought they may be authenticating to the local SBA when in the SBA site but it can't be if they're accessing the same lyncdiscoverinternal A record when in both sites unless there's some issue when on the client subnet in the Central Site.

Do you have a firewall between the Central Site and your Branch sites?

Have you looked at any firewall logs just to see if any traffic is being denied when the user is sitting in the head office?

Does the SBA also have a route back to the Central Site? I don't know what appliance you have but can you ping the Central Site PC IP from the SBA sitting in your branch site?

Friday, January 25, 2019 3:01 PM
  • I would think the same as K_S_C. 

Basically when the client is logging in, even to your central site front end pool server, the server will be aware of the SBA and that the user is homed on the SBA. And as long as the the SBA is not marked as "down" and there was an failover it should proxy the login request to the SBA! 

So I would also suggest to take a look at the Firewall.

Greets,
    Markus

Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:30 PM
  • Hi 

Greetings

I was consulting about the firewall with the IT group but they said that they don´t have a firewall between the SBA and central site. Also, they don´t have any vlan filter between SBA and central site. 

We were checking the enabled ports between SBAs and Fe of the central site and the ports are opened. I checked the ports based on the documentation of Audiocodes for SBA implementation.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by NameHJeff Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:25 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 2:42 PM
  • A strange one then.

So from the client subnet at the central site, you can ping the IP of the SBA? I still suspect routing or firewall.

Failing that, get the local logs from the PC when the user's attempting to log in and see what that reports.

Regards

• Edited by K_S_C Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:17 AM
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:30 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 5:30 PM
  • Hi NameHJeff,

Agree with K_S_C. In addition, you could also use Fiddler tool to check the process of the login.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 8:05 AM
  • Hi NameHJeff,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi

Greetings.

I´m so sorry by my late. 

We solved the issue. The solution was on the fw rules.

Regards.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:07 PM