locked
Event ID 122: MS Search (Exchange) reached the memory cap, and now the memory is 7478341632 Bytes. The cap is 4294967296 Bytes RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Previously my Exchange environment keeps generating an error id 9877, Content
    Indexing function 'CISearch::EcGetRowsetAndAccessor' received an unusual and
    unexpected error code from MSSearch.

    Mailbox Database: SINMSX Mailbox Database 02

    Error Code: 0x80041606

    I had sorted out the issue by rebuilding the search index with the following steps:

    • Open The Exchange Management Shell
    • Go to the scripts directory ( command: cd $exscripts )
    • Run command .\ResetSearchIndex.ps1 -Force "Database name"

    However, the rebuild of the search index do retified event id 9877 but after that, i keep getting event id 122 every 15min:

    MS Search (Exchange) reached the memory cap, and now the memory is 7478341632 Bytes. The cap is 4294967296 Bytes

    Did not managed to find anything useful over google on this event log. Pls assist.

    Monday, April 16, 2012 11:08 AM

Answers

  • Hi all,

    As i am not getting anywhere troubleshooting on this issue, i decided to reboot the server and strange enough, the error does not come back again.

    Many thanks for all your help~!

    • Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Friday, April 27, 2012 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:23 AM

All replies

  • Reseed the catalog by using the Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy cmdlet together with the -CatalogOnly parameter.

    The local database copy experienced an index corruption. Please reseed the catalog by using the Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy cmdlet with the -CatalogOnly parameter


    Jesper Bernle | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Awardee

    • Proposed as answer by Rowen-Xu Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:34 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 12:37 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

    Does it work on you?


    Rowen

    TechNet Community Support

    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:35 AM
  • Hi,

    The database was the active copy. I had failed over the database and performed the above mentioned cmdlet. Once done, i failed over the database back to the original server but the error still persisted.

    The exact error generated is as follows:

    EVENT LOG

    Application

    EVENT TYPE

    Warning

    OPCODE

    Info

    SOURCE

    MSExchange Search Indexer

    CATEGORY

    General

    EVENT ID

    122

    COMPUTERNAME  

    SINMSX02

    DATE / TIME  

    4/17/2012 10:54:28 AM

    MESSAGE

    MS Search (Exchange) reached the   memory cap, and now the memory is 7478341632 Bytes. The cap is 4294967296   Bytes

    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

    Please move some data into this Database.

    If it is empty or nearly empty may cause this problem.

    Hope it helps.


    Rowen

    TechNet Community Support

    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Hi all,

    As i am not getting anywhere troubleshooting on this issue, i decided to reboot the server and strange enough, the error does not come back again.

    Many thanks for all your help~!

    • Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Friday, April 27, 2012 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

    You can trace down this issue for a while.

    Any problem please update.

    Thanks.


    Rowen

    TechNet Community Support

    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:05 AM