none
Software Removal RRS feed

• Question

• Would be great if we could remove software in bulk from the Windows Intune Admin console. Will this be possible in the near future or is it possible to do now and I'm just not finding it.

Thanks!
    Friday, December 2, 2011 2:00 AM

Answers

• Would be great if we could remove software in bulk from the Windows Intune Admin console. Will this be possible in the near future or is it possible to do now and I'm just not finding it.

Thanks!

Hello netr2u -

If you are on the October 2011 release of Windows Intune you can uninstall software by utilizing the Software Distribution feature in Windows Intune.  You would need to setup the Software Distribution Package with the uninstall commands for the software in question and then deploy it to a computer group which includes the machines you want the software uninstalled from.  Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks

Frank (MSFT)

Friday, December 2, 2011 10:05 PM
  • To do the uninstall in /silent does user have to be logged on as administrator?

And does an uninstall trigger the UAC prompt when logged on as standard user?

PAM - HOSTING Microsoft Norway

Hello Pam -

Windows Intune utilizes the SYSTEM account when performing the installation/uninstallation of software packages.  Because of this a standard user should not be prompted by UAC.  This also means that the user does not have to be an administrator on the machine they are logged into for the install/uninstall to succeed.  More information regarding the uninstall can be found in the Help Guides under the section Software/Deploy Software/Uninstall Managed Software from Client Computers.  The link is: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsintune/hh272776.aspx

Thanks

Frank (MSFT)
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:52 PM

All replies

Thanks!

Hello netr2u -

If you are on the October 2011 release of Windows Intune you can uninstall software by utilizing the Software Distribution feature in Windows Intune.  You would need to setup the Software Distribution Package with the uninstall commands for the software in question and then deploy it to a computer group which includes the machines you want the software uninstalled from.  Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks

Frank (MSFT)

Friday, December 2, 2011 10:05 PM
  • To do the uninstall in /silent does user have to be logged on as administrator?

Sunday, December 4, 2011 2:40 PM

Hello Pam -

Windows Intune utilizes the SYSTEM account when performing the installation/uninstallation of software packages.  Because of this a standard user should not be prompted by UAC.  This also means that the user does not have to be an administrator on the machine they are logged into for the install/uninstall to succeed.  More information regarding the uninstall can be found in the Help Guides under the section Software/Deploy Software/Uninstall Managed Software from Client Computers.  The link is: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsintune/hh272776.aspx

Thanks

Frank (MSFT)
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:52 PM