Aero Snap - disable for all users RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to disable Aero Snap for all users and not just the current user?  I see you can do it for one user via Ease of Access Centre and through the registry, but I have a need to turn it off computer-wide.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I found the registry key is for the user.

You may see the following information:

Disable and Turn Off Windows 7 Snap Smart Window Arrangement

-------------------------------------------------------

1. Run Register Editor(RegEdit).

2. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

3. In the right-pane, double click (or right click and select Modify) on WindowArrangementActive, and set its REG_SZ value to 0. (You may change this value as 1 when trying to enable the feature.)

4. Close Registry Editor.

5. Log off and log on again, or restart computer for the change to take effect.

If you would like to disable all the users for this feature, you may try to create a logon script to configure it. It is recommended to submit your question on The Official Scripting Guys Forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:45 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 3:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may try to disable it via the group policy or registry key.

See How to Disable Aero Shake (Another Method) in Windows 7?

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Disable Aero Snap (and Switch Among Open Windows More Quickly)

Regards,

Sabrina

If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Sabrina

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:21 AM
  • The group policy method only disables Aero Shake, not snap and the other methods only disable it for the current user, I need to do it machine wide.

Is there an HKLM registry key I can set to disable Aero Snap?

Thanks

Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:09 PM
  • Hi,

I found the registry key is for the user.

You may see the following information:

Disable and Turn Off Windows 7 Snap Smart Window Arrangement

-------------------------------------------------------

1. Run Register Editor(RegEdit).

2. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

3. In the right-pane, double click (or right click and select Modify) on WindowArrangementActive, and set its REG_SZ value to 0. (You may change this value as 1 when trying to enable the feature.)

4. Close Registry Editor.

5. Log off and log on again, or restart computer for the change to take effect.

If you would like to disable all the users for this feature, you may try to create a logon script to configure it. It is recommended to submit your question on The Official Scripting Guys Forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

Sabrina

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:45 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 3:54 AM