SCOM Connector Framework Internal Connector created through a SOAP web service...critical question RRS feed

• Question

• I am using OMCF web service(System center Data access service) and I have created internal

connector using a web service call. After that I created a subscription for that connector to receive all types of alerts. Also I am using SCOM 2012

The web service calls I have used are:

SetupWithConnectorId

Read Alerts through call: ReadMonitoringAlert

But my I dont receive any alert on the connector even though I see there are alerts present in SCOM.

Below is the snapshot that shows internal connectors that I have created:

Then Subscription that I created on the connector:

But after that I couldn't read alerts on that connector. So as a workaround I forward alerts explicitly on the connector as shown in below snapshot and after forwarding I can read the alerts.

If I forward alerts explicitly on the connector I get all those alerts to read.

Please note I am using SCOM OMCF web service to make calls to create connector and read alerts.

Alert Forward

Can you please let me know what else I need to do or what could be the issue?

Please NOTE: Connector Framework provide SDK libraries, Powershell Cmdlets and OMCF SOAP web service.

I am using OMCF webservice that lets you create a custom connector. I am creating connector and reading alerts through the OMCF SOAP web service. I have mentioned the web service calls that I am using. Could you please give me any information about why the subscription for this connector is not working and why I need to forward alerts manually on that connector.Forwarding alerts manually all the time is not an option.

I have gone through almost all the posts that I could see related to this. But couldn't get the solution. Thank you for your time.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:28 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I would suggest you contact Microsoft Customer Support and Services where more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution for this issue. You may find phone number for your region accordingly from the link below:

Global Customer Service phone numbers 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-au?wa=wsignin1.0

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:09 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:09 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2017 6:04 AM