missing dll api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll RRS feed

• Question

• RE: error api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
    Hi All,
    I have windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. I have multiple applications, especially adobe that whenever i try to save a file it comes up with the error api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.  I've tried restarting, completing all windows updates ,sfc /scannow, also same error occurs in safe mode. I have removed adobe reader and reinstalled and restarted and still have the same error. Not sure which package the dll comes from or how to remove the message. fyi the files actually save even though the error pops up about 6 times when saving. Also tried searching for the dll in the registry but there is no reference to it.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 11:00 PM

All replies

• Hi MichaelUsov,

I suppose some Runtime is missing on your PC.
    Please try to download an adequate C Runtime and install it.
    Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:54 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)?

Did “sfc /scannow” run well?

Search for “api-ms-win-core-file-l2-1-0.dll” in C:\Windows with file explorer search box to check if it exists.
    If exists, register it with command “regsvr32 /i path to the file” as administrator.

Check the symptom in a clean boot environment.
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Please let me know the result of the action.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:13 AM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:32 AM
  • How to "register it with command “regsvr32 /i path to the file” as administrator"? 
    Friday, June 9, 2017 11:50 PM