none
Fingerprint for a deleted/deactivated Azure account remains RRS feed

• Question

• I was referred by the Microsoft Community

"This question is outside the scope of this site (for consumers) and to be sure you get the best (and quickest) answer it should be asked either on Technet (for IT Pro's) or MSDN (for developers)"

I set up an Azure workplace account with fingerprint logon that I have deleted because my IT department had to setup yet another account to add my Surface Pro 3 to the domain (using Surface Pro 4 keyboard with fingerprint scanner-running Windows 10 Pro).

I want to use the same fingerprint for the new workplace account but I get "This fingerprint has already been set up on another account." I tried logging in on the "deactivated" but perhaps not deleted account but am told this account does not exist.

So...how do I delete the fingerprint? I'd be fine with deleting the fingerprint data file and starting over but I can't find it.

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you delete it? Did you delete the account before remove its fingerprint?

If you can log in with that user, under Sign-in Options, you can remove all fingerprints. If the user is inaccessible, try deleting or renaming the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase\[GUID].DAT file and then restart the computer to check the result.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 8, 2016 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you delete it? Did you delete the account before remove its fingerprint?

If you can log in with that user, under Sign-in Options, you can remove all fingerprints. If the user is inaccessible, try deleting or renaming the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase\[GUID].DAT file and then restart the computer to check the result.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 8, 2016 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:55 AM