Error on adding new protection group for cluster in DPM RRS feed

• Question

• I had old DPM server, for some reason I want to change this server, I install new OS and DPM.

I create all Protected Group with <g class="gr_ gr_176 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="176" id="176">script</g> and manually, but when add File Server Cluster or SQL Cluster in New DPM get and error.

DPM Error

In this error: DPM was unable to get list of data source on "Cluster Address" that are protected by the primary DPM server "New DPM Address"

I uninstall agent on cluster servers and restart theme, then install this agent again. but not a chance!

How can I fix this problem.

Thank You

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:29 AM

Answers

• Reinstall DPM from scratch and configure all PG again. 

Ty everyone.

• Marked as answer by Javadbagdeli Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you already tried to attach the DPM Agent manually on the server and point it to the correct SCDPM server?

You can check how to do it via following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870935.aspx

Regards,

Wim

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 3:23 PM
  • Yes, I tried that too. I can protect the two cluster server, but I can't set protect on cluster.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:25 PM
  • Hi,

Can you tell me which Update Rollup package is currently installed on you DPM, I supose UR11? If not first install this and update the DPM agents afterwards.

You can download it form here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3162908/update-rollup-11-for-system-center-2012-r2-data-protection-manager

Are you using one DPM server (primary) or also a secondary DPM ?

Regards,

Wim

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:13 PM
  • Thanks for reply, I use latest version of DPM UR11, because of this I have problem with x86 systems, but my primary goal is to have backup from my file server cluster with DPM.

TY

Sunday, February 12, 2017 5:46 AM
  • When I use Get-DPMProductionCluster I see this cluster, how can delete that cluster from DPM?

I'm so confused! Can anyone help me?

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Reinstall DPM from scratch and configure all PG again. 

Ty everyone.

• Marked as answer by Javadbagdeli Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:59 AM