Attach library document in Outlook email RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to send a document from a library in an Outlook email?  I have Office 2010, but MOSS 2007.
    There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you're are trying to accomplish.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Beside the way V284 told you, you may do this in your outlook in the same way.

Create a new email and click Attach File under Insert, then type the URL of the library that documents locating in the address bar. Choose the document you want and click Insert. You will find the document displaying as attached in your email.

Best Regards

Egbert

• Marked as answer by run4it Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:16 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:57 AM

All replies

• Yes, It is possible to send a document from a library in an outlook email. With Out of the Box features, you could email the link (Url) the document. You will have to custom code it as it is a custom requirement. 

Here is an article that sends the document item from the library. http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/ayyapusetty_raja/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=11

V
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

Beside the way V284 told you, you may do this in your outlook in the same way.

Create a new email and click Attach File under Insert, then type the URL of the library that documents locating in the address bar. Choose the document you want and click Insert. You will find the document displaying as attached in your email.

Best Regards

Egbert

• Marked as answer by run4it Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:16 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:57 AM
  • V284 - I need to send the document as an actual attachment because the receiver will not have access to our intranet.  The functionality in the article would be great, but I'm not set up to do any custom development - just what can be done through the UI and Designer.
    There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you're are trying to accomplish.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:05 PM
  • Well, this is a custom requirement and it is not available using OOB. You would need to develop this functionality using visual studio. 
    V
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:12 PM
  • Thanks Egbert.  Outlook kept crashing when trying to attach a document from our dev environment, but it works fine on production.  Will probably be even easier if I just create a mapping to that library on the computer of the user who will own this library.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:16 PM