Setup POP3 Email in two computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

An email is already setup in Outlook 2010 with POP3. Leave a copy of messages on the server and Remove from server after 14 days were checked.

I unchecked both options and I collected pop3 settings from the mail provider website.

Now I have to setup same email in Outlook 2007 with POP3 in another computer.

Please let me know, how to do this?

I have to setup another email from beginning in Outlook 2010 with POP3 in two computers.

Please let me know, what I need to do?

Regards

InTech

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hi GN.InTech.

Adding a new email account in Microsoft Office Outlook is a simple procedure: read here to know how to do that.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:32 PM
  • Hi,

>>Leave a copy of messages on the server and Remove from server after 14 days were checked.
    >>I unchecked both options and I collected pop3 settings from the mail provider website.

If "Leave a copy of messages on the server" option is disabled, then all emails of the account were downloaded to local and removed from server. If you want to set up the same email account on another computer and still have access to all emails, you will need to enable the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" option first on both computer and then import the already downloaded emails from the first computer to the second one. You can export the emails you want to a PST file, copy the PST file to the other computer, and use this PST file as the default data file for the POP account configured on the other computer.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Sunday, April 22, 2018 4:36 PM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Sunday, April 22, 2018 4:36 PM
  • Hi GN.InTech,

Any update here?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Thursday, April 26, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Hi GN.InTech,

Could you help mark the reply that helps as the answer so that it could benefit other community members when they encounter a similar issue? Thank you for the understanding.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Sunday, May 6, 2018 11:58 AM