Cluster Shared Volumes not available in VMM 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are running Server 2008 R2 in a failover cluster and both servers are running Hyper-V. Recently we installed SCVMM2008 R2 and the clusternodes imported in SCVMM2008 R2 without troubles.

When I look at the properties -> Storage tab of the host cluster, the CSV is not visible while it is on the Hyper-V hosts.

I already tried to close and open the console for a few times, refresh the host cluster, and even re-installing SCVMM but none of these works.

It keeps saying that there is no storage available so when I want to migrate a VM or create one using SCVMM, it says that it can't because of the lack of available storage.

Does anybody have a hint for me?

thnx and best regards,
    Jasper Tiegelaar.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

We've got the same problem(s) and furthermore the VM's running on these hosts have (within VMM) the status:
    "Unsupported Cluster Configuration"

Greetz,

Joey Hofstede
    Senior Technical Architect
    XS4ALL Internet bv
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:39 PM
  • Make sure that you had remove any agents for old VMM from both cluster nodes
    Fawzi
    Friday, March 27, 2009 12:23 PM
  • Ok, we actually had the old agents installed on the nodes.

What should I do next to clean that up?

Friday, March 27, 2009 1:23 PM
  • OK.. remove the cluster hosts from the VMM. Go to the control panal and uninstall the VMM agents manually then add the cluster nodes to the VMM again. 

Hope that will solve the problem.
    Fawzi
    • Proposed as answer by M Fawzi Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:24 PM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:00 AM
  • What build of Server 2008 R2 are you running?  SCVMM 2008 R2 is compatible with Cluster Shared Volumes in the public beta (build 7000) but CSVs have changed some in subsequent builds.  Build 4054 of VMM was released prior to these changes and does not work with them.  This is supposed to be fixed in a later build of VMM R2.  But if you need CSV support with the current build, make sure you're using Server 2008 R2 build 7000 for your Hyper-V hosts.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 4:25 PM
  • I am seeing this error with the RTM of VMM08 and RTM of WS08R2. I did an upgrade of VMM from 2008R2 RC to RTM.
    Dan Taylor
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 6:06 PM
  • OK, I fixed my own problem. One of the hosts was not reporting to VMM storage info. I rebooted that server and gave VMM time and eventually CSV information populated in VMM and now my VM's have returned to "Running" status.
    Dan Taylor
    • Proposed as answer by DanTaylor Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:59 PM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:59 PM
  • I was having the issue where my HAVM's were showing "unsupported cluster".  The advanced properties said that I did not have a highly available shared volume (CSV).  I was using the version SCVMM 2008 R2.  I updated it to version SCVMM 2008 R2 SP1 and updated the agents on my nodes.  The HAVM's are now reporting properly.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:49 PM