none
Email Notification Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a workflow that sends a password expiration notification for password that will expires in few days, it's working fine.

My management asked me to stop sending these notification on Sunday regarding a loi in France (the right to disconnect).

How can I achieve this knowing that I don't want to stop the FIM service.

The notification is based on 2 Sets (Odd and Even) for days to Expires and 2 MPR in Transition-In and the mail notification is a MIMWAL PowerShell activity.

Friday, November 16, 2018 4:10 PM

All replies

• You could change the schedule on the temporal events SQL agent job to not run on Sundays, but, this will also affect any other workflow that works off a time-based set. If that's acceptable, that's likely the easiest solution.

If not, you'd probably want to add some logic to your workflows (you could use the WAL) to see if it's Sunday when it runs, and if so, calculate a Delay that the Delay activity can use to make the workflow sleep until it's Monday. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:54 PM
  • Thank you Brian,

I was thinking about a way to empty the set when the today day = Sunday.

Monday, November 19, 2018 1:36 PM
  • You'd need a workflow to stamp the day of week (e.g. 1-7/Sunday-Saturday) in another attribute to filter on it. It would probably get very complicated to have sets that catch Sunday users on Monday if you could get the math working.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Monday, November 19, 2018 2:11 PM
  • Thank you Brian,

I created a dedicated PS MA for days to expiry that runs only from Monday to Saturday.

in that case on Sunday users will not transit from one set to another.

Best regards

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 4:42 PM