messed up powershell profiles RRS feed

• Question

• hey there ,

i accidentally messed up powershell , and suddenly when i type anything into powershell the typed text is transparent i cant see it but its there coz it runs commands ... i couldnt restore powershell to its default profile or customization and now i deleted the shortcuts in "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell" and i cant run powershell anymore ... i can only use powershell_ise ...

i tried removing powershell from control panel \ turn features on or off .. but that didnt work .. 

i tried running powershell_ise and clicking " start powershell in a separate window " button but it gives me this error "unable to start C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell\Windows powershell.lnk "

im left with this powershell that looks like cmd prompt thats in c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0

help plz. .. how can i restore powershell

RM

Saturday, August 4, 2018 9:51 PM

Answers

• Sorry but this is not a break/fix forum.  

The easiest way to fix this is to first create a new user and test PowerShell from the new account.  If it works then  delete the bad profile and login new.  The problem should be fixed.

Any other issues contact MS support and open an incident.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by oumolayna Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:38 AM
    Saturday, August 4, 2018 10:19 PM

All replies