none
Granfeldt Workflow Library Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• I've a freshly configured FIM 2010 R2 test environment which I am attempting to install the Granfeldt Workflow Library Code Run Activity onto but when running the install PS script I receive the following:

Import-FIMConfig : Failure when making web service call.
    SourceObjectID = 4c4aab8a-9cff-4c9c-a55f-cf9752932f30
    Error = The web service client has encountered the following class of error: ManagementPolicyRule
    Details: Failed Attributes: IsAuthorizationActivity
    Additional Text Details: No policy grants the Requestor permission to complete all changes.
    Correlation Identifier: 5366c1a8-5271-4ed6-85b5-f050c65352f3
    Failure Message:
    Request Identifier:
    At C:\Workflow Library\New-FIMActivityInformationConfigurationObject.ps1:87 char:16
    +         $NewObject | Import-FIMConfig -uri $Uri
    +                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Import-FIMConfig], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ImportConfig,Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Automation.ImportConfig

Running the script in elevated PS as the FIM portal administrator.

I have installed this before without issue so not sure what could be the cause this time. Any help much appreciated :)

Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Adding new MPR of course fixes the issue, but just for your information the root cause is probably this misspelled resource attribute in FIM configuration out-of-box: http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/misspelled-resource-attribute-in-mpr-in-fim-2010-r2-may-result-in-access-denied/

I always run into this same issue when I add the activities to a new environment.

Best Regards,

Mikko

• Marked as answer by FIM-EN Monday, October 27, 2014 12:26 PM
    Monday, October 27, 2014 12:22 PM
  • Hello,

seems a permission issue to me.

The error is telling you you dont have permission to set the IsAithorizationActivity attribute, while the script tries to create the ActivityInformation resource type in portal.

Check permission MPRs for fim admin on that resource type, or create temporary a MPR to allow FIM admins to create and modify alle attributes on the resource type ActivityInformationConfiguration.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by FIM-EN Sunday, October 26, 2014 12:04 PM
    Sunday, October 26, 2014 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hello,

seems a permission issue to me.

The error is telling you you dont have permission to set the IsAithorizationActivity attribute, while the script tries to create the ActivityInformation resource type in portal.

Check permission MPRs for fim admin on that resource type, or create temporary a MPR to allow FIM admins to create and modify alle attributes on the resource type ActivityInformationConfiguration.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by FIM-EN Sunday, October 26, 2014 12:04 PM
    Sunday, October 26, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Added "IsAuthorizationActivity" to list of target resources in MPR "Administration: Administrators control configuration related resources" and re-ran, now working. Not sure why this happened on this install when it's been successful without this before. Odd!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated :)

Sunday, October 26, 2014 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

Adding new MPR of course fixes the issue, but just for your information the root cause is probably this misspelled resource attribute in FIM configuration out-of-box: http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/misspelled-resource-attribute-in-mpr-in-fim-2010-r2-may-result-in-access-denied/

I always run into this same issue when I add the activities to a new environment.

Best Regards,

Mikko

• Marked as answer by FIM-EN Monday, October 27, 2014 12:26 PM
    Monday, October 27, 2014 12:22 PM
  • Brilliant, that explains it! Thanks for your help :)
    Monday, October 27, 2014 12:25 PM