IMAP server alerts RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting the following - Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Your mailbox is at 82% of capacity.

This message pops up continuously (faster than I can close them) basically disabling outlook. how do i stop them

Monday, November 25, 2019 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

In this situation, please start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

This alert may be indicating that your mailbox capacity is insufficient. A big mailbox can cause many complicated problems, so it is sugegsted to reduce the size of your mailbox.

1. Archive your messages.
    2. Reduce the size of your mailbox.

Once you reduce the size of your mailbox, this alert should not pop up anymore.(If you are unable to open Outlook to clean your mailbox, please go to your webmail and delete some old items and see if there is any difference.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:03 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:20 AM