Formating RRS feed

• Question

• When opening Word 2008 Mac, I get a blank document. The document is only 8.5 x like 6. i go to format the page size and it says that it is already 8.5 x 11. I try to change to tabloid and it will not change the page size. When I go to print the document it only shows the 8.5 x 6 that I type in, but wants to print the whole 8.5 x 11, and the page cuts off at 8.5 x 6. I've uninstalled my software and also my printer. I still can't get the document to open to the correct size it says it is. See pictures for details. I'm running OS X 10.8.5.

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try this:

1. Make sure your paper size is correct or user defined in the MS application (File>Page Setup -or- Page Layout>Size).

2. While in your Office application, open the "printer selection" window (File>Print -or- Ctrl-P). 

3. Make sure your printer is selected.

4. Click on "Properties".

5. Click on "Advanced". 

6. Click on "Paper Size" and either choose your paper size, or select "Postscript Custom Page Size".  If you select Custom Page Size, a new window will open where you define your paper size, units of measure, paper feed direction, and print offsets relative to paper feed direction.

Meanwhile, we’d recommend you ask Office for Mac Forum for more professional solution:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac?auth=1

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:50 AM update
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, September 30, 2013 1:18 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Hi tmc2013,

First, reloading software rarely fixes the issue. In this particular case the problem is with your Normal template.

With ALL Office apps shutdown (meaning quit, not running, no gray dot over the application in the dock) and this includes Outlook.

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates and in this folder you will find the Normal.dotm template. Rename it to oldNormal.dotm. Start Word and your problem should be fixed.

If you are running OS X Lion or later you will need to locate the Library file path by using Finder > Go > Go to folder... Copy and paste the above path, including the "~" symbol into the go dialog. If there are things such as Styles, Autotext, Toolbars, etc in your "oldNormal.dotm" that you want in your new Normal template you can use the Organizer function to transfer them.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:47 AM

All replies

• i have pictures, but for some reason I can't upload them.

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:10 AM
  • Hi,

Please try this:

1. Make sure your paper size is correct or user defined in the MS application (File>Page Setup -or- Page Layout>Size).

2. While in your Office application, open the "printer selection" window (File>Print -or- Ctrl-P). 

3. Make sure your printer is selected.

4. Click on "Properties".

5. Click on "Advanced". 

6. Click on "Paper Size" and either choose your paper size, or select "Postscript Custom Page Size".  If you select Custom Page Size, a new window will open where you define your paper size, units of measure, paper feed direction, and print offsets relative to paper feed direction.

Meanwhile, we’d recommend you ask Office for Mac Forum for more professional solution:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac?auth=1

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:50 AM update
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Hi tmc2013,

First, reloading software rarely fixes the issue. In this particular case the problem is with your Normal template.

With ALL Office apps shutdown (meaning quit, not running, no gray dot over the application in the dock) and this includes Outlook.

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates and in this folder you will find the Normal.dotm template. Rename it to oldNormal.dotm. Start Word and your problem should be fixed.

If you are running OS X Lion or later you will need to locate the Library file path by using Finder > Go > Go to folder... Copy and paste the above path, including the "~" symbol into the go dialog. If there are things such as Styles, Autotext, Toolbars, etc in your "oldNormal.dotm" that you want in your new Normal template you can use the Organizer function to transfer them.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:47 AM
  • Thank you so much. This fixed it!
    Monday, September 30, 2013 10:20 PM
  • Thank you.
    Monday, September 30, 2013 10:20 PM