Mac Mail with Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was upgrading my Exchnage server, as part of that i've few user whom are using Macbook and they were using mac mail with pop account.

I simply moved all email from pop to exchange mailbox and i removed that account from Macbook. But now when the user login through OWA their mailbox is only having latest email not from tha mail which i've moved.

is there a way to retrieve the lost maild from Macbook ?

Abdul Razak

Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

POP3 downloads mail to the client unless you speficially tell it to leave a copy on the server. I am not sure I understand your post. When you say you moved from POP to Exchange, can you be more specific? if you want to go from POP3 to Exchange:

1. Get Office for MAC and make sure you install the latest updates.

2. Export your old mailbox.

3. Set up Mac Outlook for Exchange settings.

4. Import you old mailbox and allow time for sync.

Miguel Fra / Falcon IT Services
    Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL
    Visit our Knowledgebase and Support Sharepoint Site

• Edited by Miguel Fra Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:07 PM
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Hi Miguel Fra ,

I mean to say I'm not leaving any copy on pop server.

I created two accounts in mac mail.

1.) POP

2.) Exchange

Now what i did was i moved the mails from pop inbox to exchange inbox within the mac mail.

and it was showing on exchange inbox on that macbook and so i removed both account. but when i give OWA access to that user, mails are missing.

Abdul Razak

Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:17 PM
  • OK, just wait for Exchange to fully sync. Then they will appear in OWA. If the emails are in the local Exchange inbox, the all you need to do is wait till the local Exchange synchs with the server. Make sure the mailbox on server has enough space to accomodate the emails you just moved.

Miguel Fra / Falcon IT Services
    Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL
    Visit our Knowledgebase and Support Sharepoint Site

• Edited by Miguel Fra Monday, April 16, 2012 12:54 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 12:52 AM
  • Hi there,

This is Exchange server forum, for Outlook 2011 message restor related questions, please feel free to pose in the following forums:

Office for MAC http://www.microsoft.com/mac/support  

Support for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 and 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_macoffice2008_master  

How to obtain support for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 connectivity problems with Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2353366  

Your understanding would be appreciated.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 16, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Make your life easier and make them get Office 2011 for Mac.  It will save you headaches in the long run.
    Monday, April 16, 2012 1:59 PM
  • If no more question on this thread, we may markit as answered.

THanks.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:22 AM