'Dinging' PC RRS feed

• Question

• My PC is randomly playing my 'Device Disconnect' sound 'Windows Hardware Remove.wav'.  It's driving me crackers!  It continues even though there are nor Applications running.  (I've shut them all down with Task Manager.)  

How do I find out what's doing it and get it to shut the F... UP?

Sunday, December 20, 2015 9:39 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the advice.  I tried:

• Ejecting and re-inserting the plastic placeholder in mu PCMCIA slot multiple times - no improvement,
    • Went into my machines BIOS, turned OFF my USB Ports - no improvement,
    • Went into Event Viewer; saw that 'HP Connection Manager' was registering Errors at about the same time as the 'Dings'; uninstalled  'HP Connection Manager' as I don't actually use it (I just use Windows); re-started Windows - PROBLEM GONE!

I am now completely 'Dingless'.

Thanks a lot & Merry X-mas to all.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 2:16 AM

All replies

• Take a note of times when you are hearing this voice and then check event viewer and see if there is any log associated or related to hardware or device.

Check device manager and see status of your devices whether they are okay.

Monday, December 21, 2015 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I understand the status of your computer.

Please confirm with us that what you done before this sound firstly played, it will be valuable to diagnose this issue.

Generally speaking, Device Disconnect sound is related to the external port, such as USB port. Please check whether there is some problem on your computer’s ports.

If there are some devices connect your PC, consider unplugging them to see the result.

We could also enter the BIOS interface and disable USB to see whether your PC would still play sound. If this sound disappeared, it indicates that issue is caused by USB port.

Besides, drivers issue may cause this issue either. Please visit your PC’s official supply website and download the latest drivers according to the system, then install them to test the result.

There is a similar case talk about your issue, some users have got the solution from here, we could use it as a reference.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/device-connect-and-disconnect-sounds-play-when/0f94aa5f-8a47-470b-9093-36ba061f7f65?page=1

In addition, if your PC is under warranty, it’s convenient to contact manufacturer for help.

Hope my suggestion could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:56 PM
  • Thanks for the advice.  I tried:

• Ejecting and re-inserting the plastic placeholder in mu PCMCIA slot multiple times - no improvement,
    • Went into my machines BIOS, turned OFF my USB Ports - no improvement,
    • Went into Event Viewer; saw that 'HP Connection Manager' was registering Errors at about the same time as the 'Dings'; uninstalled  'HP Connection Manager' as I don't actually use it (I just use Windows); re-started Windows - PROBLEM GONE!

I am now completely 'Dingless'.

Thanks a lot & Merry X-mas to all.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 2:16 AM