Manage a device not in a Boundary Group RRS feed

• Question

• Can i manage a device not in a boundary group?

the device appears in configuration manager console and client activity property is active but it does not respond to ping (using console tools)  and it cannot be reached using "remote Console" feature.

The ip address is out of boundary (boundary is from 100.2.106.0/24 to  instead device's ip address is 100.2.99.200

Thank yoy

Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    That doesn't have anything to do with the Boundary group, more like an DNS issue, Firewall or network related. Ping is a right click tool not included in SCCM so it will do a normal name resolution from the machine you run the console from, and so will the Remote Tools so make sure that they can communicate.

Regards,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:28 AM
  • Concur with Jorgen completely.

To explicitly answer the question"Can i manage a device not in a boundary group? ", yes absolutely. Boundary Groups do not in any way define what systems can or cannot be managed. Boundary groups are used by client to select distribution points mainly.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:07 PM
  • Thanks,

after the hightlighted property has been enabled the device was registered on dns and could be reached.

Ping is a right click tool includede in SCCM , in other words :

Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:25 PM
  • Sorry the images are not displayed:

Thanks,

after the hightlighted property has been enabled the device was registered on dns and could be reached.

Ping is a right click tool includede in SCCM , in other words :

Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:30 PM