none
Error when deploying an image

Question

• Hi

Having problems deploying a Wim file,   Keep getting an error after about 5 seconds after "Applying OS" 

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this ?  fails with 10 Errors 2 warnings

<![LOG[Return code from command = 13]LOG]!><time="08:17:31.000+000" date="07-10-2018" component="LTIApply" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LTIApply">
    <![LOG[FAILURE ( 5624 ): 13: Run DISM:  /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"\\ipaddress\mdt$\Operating Systems\HE 2018 Virtual\HEVirtual.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:C:]LOG]!><time="08:17:31.000+000" date="07-10-2018" component="LTIApply" context="" type="3" thread="" file="LTIApply">
    <![LOG[Event 41002 sent: FAILURE ( 5624 ): 13: Run DISM:  /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"\\ipaddress\mdt$\Operating Systems\HE 2018 Virtual\HEVirtual.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:C:]LOG]!><time="08:17:31.000+000" date="07-10-2018" component="LTIApply" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LTIApply">

Thanks

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:27 AM

All replies

• I see that you have ApplyDir:C:  In WinPE, USUSALLY, not all the time but usually, C: is not going to be your destination drive.  Your Windows OS Partition is usually D: or E: but I have seen it jump around quite a bit depending on partitions being created.   

Attempting to resolve this, I would ensure that in your Format and Partition task, on your Windows partition, you set the Variable at the bottom to OSDisk.  This should be set by default.  Then on your Install Operating System task, at the bottom of the properties tab, you select Logical Drive Letter stored in a variable.  Set the variable to OSDisk.

If all of that is already set that way, I would boot up to WinPE, press F8 to open a command prompt, type in

Diskpart

and press enter.  Then type in

sel dis 0

and press enter.  Then I would type in

cle

and press enter.  This cleans the disk, wiping the formatting and partitions.  Once that is complete, type

exit

to exit Diskpart and then

WPEUTIL REBOOT

to restart the computer.  Boot back to your boot media (PXE, USB, ...) and try to deploy again.

LawsonT

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 12:57 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for your comments 

The above settings in the TS are already set and I have working wim files with other Task Sequences working fine.   

Ive completly rebuit the MDT server (2016, WDS, latest ADK, Latest MDT) then copied the 2 Wim files that have the above error and they still both fail.

Struggling to see whats causing this,  the image is quite large as it has a lot of software in it (60GB) thats thats been fine in previous years.  

All we do is built the reference image on a PC, then power powershell to remove the user installed apps to be able to sysprep it

Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

then sysrprep and upload via MDT

Thanks

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 9:40 AM
  • Hi,

please try this.

Change the OS in your TS.

Test the Tasksequence with another OS. Get an error?Your TS is corrupt..

No error ?Something went wrong with your Image.

Sysprep and Capture again

Toni

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 9:56 AM
  • Hi 

Thanks for quick reply

Ive swapped the OS(wim) into a working TS and fails

Ive swapped a working OS into the TS that doesnt and it works

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:02 AM
  • OK,

try sysprep with appxPackage!

What's happen now?

Toni

Thursday, July 12, 2018 5:23 AM
  • So basically everything points to a corrupt WIM file? Could you grab your DISM.log - it might help to pinpoint the issue...

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, July 13, 2018 6:37 AM
  • Hi

Think what was causing this was a dodgy base unit - 

The wim created was perfect,  seems ok at the moment using a difference reference machine.

Thanks all

• Proposed as answer by tonibert Friday, July 13, 2018 1:09 PM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 12:00 PM