none
"Invalid SharePoint Online list 'Documents'","ACTION_STOP","0x0201000D" constantly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    Currently using the SP migration tool and constantly getting this error on start, midway or at the end. 

"Invalid SharePoint Online list 'Documents'","ACTION_STOP","0x0201000D"

I tried

• Changing target library name to: title, technical title etc, other languages. It does not matter, the error comes random, or at round 2+.
    • Powershell, json/xml or UI.
    • Using other tenants

Language UI, Dutch
    Regional settings Dutch
    Site Language English (this is default and can't be changed before creation)

Name doclibs: Documenten

Technical name: Shared Documents

Version 2.1.101.0

[08/30/2018 14:40:55][40b9][40][LOGGING][EXCEPTION]Got a fatal exception during scan

Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.Exceptions.InvalidSharePointLibraryException: Invalid SharePoint Online list 'Documents'

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.MapWebUriToSiteCollection(SpWebUri webUri, SiteCollectionInfoMetaInfo targetSiteCollection)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.FetchSpoInfo(ScanReport report)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.AssessTargetCredentials(ScanReport report)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.InitScan(ScanReport report)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.GetSchema(ScanReport previousReport)

[08/30/2018 14:40:55][40b9][40][LOGGING][INFORMATION]Scan Issue. Level:ERROR, ItemName:Document library, ItemValue:https://**************-my.sharepoint.com/personal/**************/Documents, Description: SharePoint Online document library 'Documents' does not exist

[08/30/2018 14:40:55][40b9][40][LOGGING][EXCEPTION]Unexpected Exception when calling thread for type TaskDaemon. Thread Dead.

Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.Exceptions.InvalidSharePointLibraryException: Invalid SharePoint Online list 'Documents'

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.MapWebUriToSiteCollection(SpWebUri webUri, SiteCollectionInfoMetaInfo targetSiteCollection)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.FetchSpoInfo(ScanReport report)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.AssessTargetCredentials(ScanReport report)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.InitScan(ScanReport report)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.GetSchema(ScanReport previousReport)

--- Einde van stacktracering vanaf vorige locatie waar uitzondering is opgetreden ---

bij System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Task.MigTask.StartIncremental(Boolean scan, Boolean increment)

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Task.MigTask.TaskDaemonThreadFunc()

bij Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Common.ThreadManager.<>c__DisplayClassa.<CreateThread>b__9()

[08/30/2018 14:40:55][40b9][42][LOGGING][DEBUG]End of Query Thread: Size of Package InputQue:0

• Edited by Jkoning Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:49 PM More info
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:07 PM

All replies

• Same.  I was able to get through a portion of a migration about a month ago.  Now it won't even work.  Just get that error.

David Jenkins

Monday, September 24, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Same here .... I was able to upload documents from on-prem to online last week, no it seems to be impossible. same error code "0x0201000D" .... 
    Monday, October 29, 2018 12:08 AM
  • Have same issue :-( its been like that for a long time now, think its a language specefic issue
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:59 AM
  • Yes, it's a language issue.
    Use your localized name for Documents instead.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:23 PM
  • was able to migrate from on-premises to OneDrive using PowerShell without the ErrorCode: 0x0201000D. I kept getting the same error every time I use the SharePoint Migration Tool. So I used the following commands in PowerShell and it migrated successfully!

#Define SPO target#
    $SPOUrl = "https://yourSite-my.sharepoint.com/personal/someone_domain"
    $TargetListName = "Documents"

#Define File Share data source#
    $FileshareSource = "C:\Users\aUser\Documents"

#Import SPMT Migration Module#
    Import-Module Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.PowerShell

Register-SPMTMigration

#Add the File Share migration task.#
    Add-SPMTTask -FileShareSource $FileshareSource -TargetSiteUrl $SPOUrl -TargetList $TargetListName

#Start Migration in the console. #
    Start-SPMTMigration

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 6:17 PM
  • Work-around found: Make sure that the language settings of the USER used in sharepoint is set to the same language as the original site creation default language (you can set that one only during creation!). I used a Windows Laptop in EN with NL as its region, NL als language in SharePoint and NL as User language. Now, when I use the JSON option (because I need to use the TargetListRelativePath option) everything works (jay!).
    Friday, June 21, 2019 8:45 AM
  • I just found another solution to my problem:
    I ran a successful migration but when doing an incremental run a couple of days later I ran in the error above. My library is also Dutch/NL so Documents is called "Documenten" when looking at the SP site in browser. I did this:

- Close SPMT
    - Go to the folder where the migration is saved, in my case: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationToolStorage\TENNANT.onmicrosoft.com\Sessions\SE_RANDOMNUMBER\ (note that there are some variables in there) and edit the session.dat file in Notepad.
    - Change "_libraryName":"Documents" tot your library name, in my case: "_libraryName":"Documenten" and save the file.
    - Open SPMT and resume your previous migration

Cheers!
    • Proposed as answer by sheepson Friday, November 29, 2019 12:18 PM
    Sunday, June 30, 2019 10:12 AM
    I ran a successful migration but when doing an incremental run a couple of days later I ran in the error above. My library is also Dutch/NL so Documents is called "Documenten" when looking at the SP site in browser. I did this:

- Close SPMT
    - Go to the folder where the migration is saved, in my case: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationToolStorage\TENNANT.onmicrosoft.com\Sessions\SE_RANDOMNUMBER\ (note that there are some variables in there) and edit the session.dat file in Notepad.
    - Change "_libraryName":"Documents" tot your library name, in my case: "_libraryName":"Documenten" and save the file.

Cheers!
    Thanks! This worked for me.
    Friday, November 29, 2019 12:18 PM

- Close SPMT

Cheers!

I was experiencing the same issue. I have a Dutch tenant as well and all my modern team sites are created with the Dutch default language as well (verify this through Site Settings -> Language Settings).

The thing was, the admin account's profile I use to perform the migration was configured in English (US). It required me to put 'Documents' in the CSV file as the document library name. But once it started the migration, and thus scanning the structure, the error 'Invalid SharePoint Online list 'Documents' (ErrorCode: 0x0201000D)' still came up.

The suggestion provided above does work. But it is no fun when you are performing quite a lot of individual tasks in one CSV-file. You would need to wait before the migration fails, and then change the .DAT file.

Instead, change the language setting of the SharePoint User Profile of the user used to perform the migration to the same language (Dutch). I did this in two places just to be sure:

1. www.office.com -> gear icon (top right-hand) -> Language
    2. SharePoint Admin Center -> More features -> Manage User Profiles -> your admin user profile 
      And change all languages to 'Dutch' (or your localization)

It may take up to 15-30 minutes before these settings are propagated.
    Afterwards, no need to change any .DAT files, but make sure you are using 'Documenten' in your CSV file instead of 'Documents'.

You'll understand that you need to translate my terms to your own localization.

• Edited by jvdlinden91 Saturday, February 8, 2020 12:52 AM
    Saturday, February 8, 2020 12:51 AM