none
Windows 10 with SCEP / SCCM QualityCompat not set

Question

• Does anyone also have the problem that no QualityCompat Key is set on a newly installed computer with SCCM and SCEP Client? 
    SCEP version is 4.10.209.0 
    Definition version is 1.263.559.0

Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:31 PM

All replies

• I think it is actually Defender that creates that value on Windows 10 and SCEP just manages the built-in Defender install. I think Defender no longer creates that value because as of KB4088787 Microsoft no longer use it to block detection.

"Due to recent work with our antivirus (AV) partners, AV software has now reached a sustained level of broad compatibility with Windows updates. After analyzing the available data, we’re lifting the AV compatibility check for the March 2018 Windows security updates for supported Windows 10 devices through Windows Update. We’ll continue to require that AV software be compatible. Devices with known AV driver compatibility problems will be blocked from updates. We recommend that customers check installed AV software compatibility with their AV provider. "

However, we have noticed that SCEP is no longer creating the registry value on Windows Server 2012R2 and KB4088876 still requires this. This suggests to me that they've prematurely stopped creating the value in some cases.

• Edited by pseud0nym Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:00 PM
  • FWIW QualityCompat appears to be written by SCEP again on Windows Server 2012R2 as of definition update 1.265.146.0
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:03 PM