none
Azure RMS 'Do Not Forward' behaviour Office 365 OWA RRS feed

• Question

• So I've been doing a bit of testing with 'Do Not Forward'.  I've created three test users, user A, B and C.  User C has full mailbox access to User B's mailbox.

The scenario is User A send an email protected with the 'Do Not Forward' template to User B.  User C opens User B's mailbox and attempts to read the email in question.

The results

Office 365 OWA - User C opens User B's mailbox using the 'Open Another Mailbox' option.   User C was able to read the email even though they were not originally authorised to do so.  Additionally, user C is able to open other protected emails and even their attachments.

Outlook 2013 - As User C has full access, User B's mailbox automaps.  User C tries to open the email in question but cannot as they have no permissions to.  User C cannot open another protected emails.

I've already emailed the IP team about this but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or knows why this happens and if anything can be done about it?

Thanks

Thursday, August 13, 2015 8:18 AM

All replies

• For delegating access to others mailboxes follow

http://blogs.office.com/2013/09/04/configuring-delegate-access-in-outlook-web-app/

Although some references give the following steps, We don't want to do

Add-MailboxPermission
    "MailboxYouWant2Delegate" -user upn@company.com -Accessright
    FullAccess

That will allow them to see the rights protected documents.

To verify:

Get-MailboxPermission
    "MailboxYouWant2Delegate" -user upn@company.com -Accessright
    FullAccess

Get-MailboxPermission
    -Identity john@contoso.com | Format-List

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:05 PM