Change in behavior of sftdcc.exe in App-V 4.5 TS Client RRS feed

• Question

• Cross posted from Softgridguru here in hopes of additional views/responses

Here's the situation:

Existing Citrix PS 4.5 environment running Softgrid 4.1 TS client (4.1.1.302).  When a user exits an existing Softgrid application, SFTDCC.EXE terminates instantly and the session is allowed to logoff.

Softgrid TS Client upgraded to 4.5.0.1485.  Now when a user exits their Softgrid app, SFTDCC.EXE stays running indefinitely (until ICA session timers kick in and log the session off).

Why the behavior change?

BTW, I've already tried making TrayVisibility set to 0 and I've also adjusted the DCCSeamlessTimeout flag per KB931251 but the behavior remains the same.

Both MS KB930978 and Citrix CTX112370 have articles recommending adding SFTDCC.EXE to the LogoffCheckSysModules key for Citrix.  But I have some general questions/concerns about this approach:

1) It's a forced termination of the process.  Does anyone know if it might interfere with the successful completion of usrvol*.pkg flushing?

2) What would a person on pure TS do in this case since LogOffCheckSysModules is a Citrix specific key?

3) Again, what's with the behavior change from 4.1 to 4.5?  Also, I think the Citrix/MS KB articles were referring to some other version, because in my case SFTDCC.EXE doesn't timeout in 30 seconds.  It hangs around indefinitely.

Any/all suggestions are welcome...

Shawn
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:31 PM

All replies

• DOH!  Didn't see that this was the 4.5 Beta forum.  If a mod can move the post, please do.  Otherwise I'll be forced to cross post
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:33 PM
  • @Brian - Thanks for moving the thread.
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:57 AM
  • I would really like to know this too!

We've recently upgraded all our SoftGrid clients on our Citrix servers and now have lots of disconnected sessions because of the sftdcc.exe not closing.
    If I use the Citrix registry key LogoffCheckSysModules , it works but is it the correct way to go about it.

We also have the DCCSeamlessTimeout flag set but this makes no difference and yes we updated to reflect the new registry location for App-V 4.5.

Regards,

Anthony
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, August 7, 2009 9:02 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:21 PM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:22 PM
  • Shawn,

Did you notice this post about Edgesite possibly interfering?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvclients/thread/11707f10-292c-4952-af12-3a99ae5c23b0 

Friday, January 23, 2009 7:00 PM