How to stop using unattend.xml RRS feed

• Question

• I need to remove Unattended.xml from applying from within a task for an OS deploy. I've tried removing/delete the task sequence, manually going in and removing the settings from Unattended.xml, it keeps applying during the build process. How do I stop it?
    Monday, April 13, 2015 5:45 AM

Answers

• Sorry, I should have been more clear. How do I revert to an original vanilla unattend.xml. BUT I got my answer.
    Monday, April 13, 2015 10:39 PM

All replies

• Why? How else would the OS install without unattend.xml? Your image should be sysprep'd and the unattend file is needed.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, April 13, 2015 1:48 PM
  • Sorry, I should have been more clear. How do I revert to an original vanilla unattend.xml. BUT I got my answer.
    Monday, April 13, 2015 10:39 PM
  • copy <installdir>\Templates\Unattend_<architecture>.xml %DeployRoot%\Control\<TSID>\unattend.xml

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Ty Glander Monday, April 13, 2015 11:32 PM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 11:32 PM
  • copy <installdir>\Templates\Unattend_<architecture>.xml %DeployRoot%\Control\<TSID>\unattend.xml

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Perfect response!
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:42 AM