Service Manager 2012 R2 Self Service Portal SSL Web Content Server prompting for credentials RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried all the usual suspects for showing the SSP webcontentserver info in the SCSM SSP.

My current configuration:

If I use a self sign cert for SSP1 and change the web content server URL to http://SP1:81/ContentHost/ClientBin/ it works so I know that it is cert related.

This is my hunch but not sure I know how to confirm there is not a mismatch; from technet:

Name Mismatch for the Web Content Server

If the address for the web content server that is configured on the SharePoint website does not match the “Issued to” address in the certificate on the web content server, the center frame in the Self-Service Portal will be blank. In this case, you have the following options:

• Obtain a new certificate for the web content server that matches the URL that is configured on the SharePoint website
      • Configure the address for the web content server that is stored on the SharePoint website to match the “Issued to” name on the certificate that is used for the web content server

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:57 PM

All replies