Added Gmail to outlook as an alias now can't remove it. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I recently set up a personal version of outlook and added my personal gmail to the outlook web app during the set up process. AS an after thought I then removed the gmail account and just wanted to go with my new outlook.com account. My issue is that now that my gmail is removed under the mail setup but it is still showing as a mailbox and all the folders in the left hand navigation.

If there is a work around please let me know.

Kent

Friday, July 5, 2019 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Kent,

Do you set Gmail in Outlook web mail or Outlook desktop client?

Could I know how do you add Gmail to outlook as an alias? You can share detailed steps here for further research.

If you mean outlook alias, please check the steps in this article to remove it.

For Outlook client, to update account information, it’s recommended to remove and then re-add account via following DumbleD0re’s suggestion above.

If I’ve misunderstood anything, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, July 8, 2019 1:40 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:34 AM
    Monday, July 8, 2019 1:38 AM
  • Hi Kent,

Can you remove Gmail account now? Are there any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:11 AM