none
Timesheet period sometimes starts on a tusday, sometimes on a saturady ? RRS feed

• Question

• We have some problems with the time sheet periodes, some weeks starts corect on a monday to friday, some starts on a saturday. How can we start it in the correct order. Is it best to remove all the prepeard sheets not started yet, or is it possible to adjust the time so it wil add up correctly?

Regards 

Ernst 

Monday, May 15, 2017 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You cannot delete timesheet periods as soon as users created timesheets on those periods. And why would you need to anyway since it is for past periods.

I'd suggest to create future periods starting after the old periods. Note that periods cannot overlap. If an old period is finishing on wednesday, you have to create the new ones starting from the next monday. Then just create a buffer period between the 2 periods (from thursday to sunday).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:10 AM

All replies

• We have a duration on 4 days now.  

like  13 - 17 april ,   18 - 22 ,  23 - 27.   this period is from  13 - 17 mai, nex wil be  18 - 22 mai  

should have been  15 - 19    we have  works start on monday,  7 days week  8 hours day .        

Monday, May 15, 2017 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

Are you the admin who create the time reporting periods? This operation can be done in the PWA server settings under "time reporting periods".

AS you can see, you can select the first day of the period (pick up a monday, first monday of January for example) and then select the period lenght, 7 days in your case. When you press "bulk create", the application will create all time reporting periods based on the settings you entered.

If the periods have not been correctly defined, you can edit them by changing the start/finish dates of the period. You can also delete future periods and buld recreate them correctly as described above.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:42 AM
  • Tanks Guillaume Rouyre, i wil try this. I was oly worried to remove anyting, have had trouble with that before. 

I i understan it correctly, it can be problematic to remove the time periods already in use. So i have to deside a date / week  forward to start correctly from.  

Friday, May 19, 2017 6:28 AM
  • Hi Guilaume, the problem i encounter is old periodes. I created a new mass periods  31 week from now. Vorked fine with dates starting on mondays til sundays. When i want to sawe this new period, i encounter problem with the week before ( note pup up saying period 22 is not within period standard, an need to be changed)  Not possible trough WPA. Is only possibility to delite the old periods from the PWA - prosess time sheets ?  
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

You cannot delete timesheet periods as soon as users created timesheets on those periods. And why would you need to anyway since it is for past periods.

I'd suggest to create future periods starting after the old periods. Note that periods cannot overlap. If an old period is finishing on wednesday, you have to create the new ones starting from the next monday. Then just create a buffer period between the 2 periods (from thursday to sunday).

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:10 AM
  • SOLVED, tanks Guillaume. I had to make a buffer period from wnd to sund. Then i made a new mass time period. Still had problem when saving, note now : The xxxx-UKE22 period does not follow the default for period deletion. Correct the periods and save the data again.  

Did a compromise, i chose to proceed with the old xxx-UKE period name, but the week wil not coorespond with the actual calendar week.  

Best regards

Ernst

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:56 AM