Can't stream media from one networked PC to TV in Windows 7 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• This has completely frustrated my every effort to solve and I'd be really grateful for some help.

I have a home network running on Windows 7. My main PC uses win 7 pro, the other PC uses win 7 home. A laptop and phones etc all work fine through it. Media streaming from both PCs to the TV used to work fine and am unsure what happened but several months ago it stopped working from my main PC and the TV can can't see the main PC server.  It still works fine from my other PC.

All the settings in the network pages and media player appear to be correct.  I even upgraded (temporarily) to windows 10 and it started streaming again, so it's not the extender I use or the TV that is at fault, and as I didn't change any Norton settings, not that either.  I was able to route the media to the TV via my other PC but this is not satisfactory because some of the files can't be read properly - eg music and some videos won't play.

To try to solve it I have removed and reinstalled the home network and streaming on both PCs at least twice. I have run trouble shooters. It must be a setting somewhere - perhaps in registry, that I can't see or isn't amenable to change via the standard route.

Upgrading to windows 10, seeing it work again and then going back to windows 7 (which I have to do for browser compatibility issues) and losing it again is just so frustrating but suggests it can be fixed.

sfc /scannow - no problems!

Help!

• Edited by SteveHill Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:38 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2015 6:00 PM

Answers

• Solved it! A similar problem went away after someone turned off ICS on their problem PC. I did this and now the media is streaming again.

This has taken me months!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:37 AM