FCS and WSUS 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a child WSUS server as a downstream for one of my customers. This child WSUS server is responsible for updating the remote branch PCs. The issue I am facing is that my downstream WSUS is taking updates from its upstream server but not pushing it to its relevent clients. I've checked the followings:

the connectivity b/w downstream WSUS and its clients
    GPO Settings
    WSUS settings
    Approval settings
    client prereqs for FCS client
    port settings
    services on clients
    firewall settings

Clients donot recieve any bubble. What else should I check?
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:41 AM

Answers

• i think that you need to check windows update log in the following path c:windows\windowsupdate.log

in of the client machine and you can post the content of this log

Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:00 PM

All replies

• Do they get other updates ok from that WSUS server?  You may want to check your definitions to see if they are actually downloaded to the downstream server yet.. right click on the column titles and add "File Status" to see if they are downloaded and "Ready for installation"
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Friday, May 15, 2009 6:39 PM
  • No, they're not getting other updates too but updates are downloaded and ready to install on downstream server.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:49 PM
  • i think that you need to check windows update log in the following path c:windows\windowsupdate.log

in of the client machine and you can post the content of this log

Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:00 PM