none
DPM could not enumerate SharePoint datasources on the protected computer X. (ID: 967) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I'm trying to backup a sharepoint 2010 single server but receives the error: "DPM could not enumerate SharePoint datasources on the protected computer X. (ID: 967)"

    I'm using DPM 2012 SP1

    * I've installed the DPM agent on both the SP server and the SQL server. 
    * I've run the command: configuresharepoint -enablesharepointprotection on the SP server from an elevated prompt with success.
    * The DPM account is a member of the "farm administrators" on the SP server and is a local admin on the SP server

    Tnx

    Johan

    Friday, January 10, 2014 2:02 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    After a lot of googling I found the problem...
    My Sharepointserver was missing a string value in the registry!!

    In HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shared Tools/Web Server Extensions/14.0 I added a string value named: Version

    and in the value data field I entered my sharepointfarm build number: 14.0.7015.1000.
    After that it worked like a charm!

    

    I found my build number in Central Administration - System Settings - Manage Servers in this farm

    Thanks!

    • Marked as answer by Johan Kropp Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:21 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:21 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    This could be an issue related to rights of the account used in the configuresharepoint command on the sharepoint databases. The error means that DPM has found a SharePoint installation on the protected server but, for some reason (typically a permission problem) it cannot go further. This should not be a problem if the account you use is the farm admin account, but give it a try.

    If I understand well your setup, you use the DPM account on the configuresharepoint command and add it to the farm administrators group (instead of using the farm administrator account in the configuresharepoint command). this could explain why the DPM account has no rights on the underlying databases thus not being able to enumerate. as troubleshooting, try to add the dpm account as sysadmin of the sql instance. if everything works, try to reduce the permissions levels on the database, to avoid "everyone is administrator".

    If you want to go to the core of the problem, turn on verbose logging on the DPM server and the protected server, and try to navigate to the sharepoint datasource (e.g. try to create a protection group). It's a bit tedious but usually the real error codes only appear in the logs.

    Good luck


    • Edited by Roberto MD Monday, January 13, 2014 8:48 AM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

    After a lot of googling I found the problem...
    My Sharepointserver was missing a string value in the registry!!

    In HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shared Tools/Web Server Extensions/14.0 I added a string value named: Version

    and in the value data field I entered my sharepointfarm build number: 14.0.7015.1000.
    After that it worked like a charm!

    

    I found my build number in Central Administration - System Settings - Manage Servers in this farm

    Thanks!

    • Marked as answer by Johan Kropp Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:21 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:21 PM