Lync calls will go straight to voice mail before they can be answered RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I hope I am posting in the right spot.

We have a user in our network that when they are called, the call will go straight to voice mail instead of giving them the option to accept. What is interesting is that it will only happen for the first call after the computer has been restarted, after this they can receive calls freely. This will happen for both internal and external calls. I have done some research and testing and this is what I have found so far

• Under the users settings the “Turn off call forwarding” button is selected.
    • The user does not have a mobile device registered with Lync so I don’t think it is a multiple SIP issue that we have had in the past.
    • We are not using a load balancer as we only over one Lync server 

When checking the logs we get a Diagnostics ID of 10027 but I have been unable to find out what this means

Any help would be greatly appriacted as I appear to be going in circles over this one

Thanks

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:17 AM

Answers

• Hi guys.

I know this is an old tread but we have resolved the issue (finally) The anti-virus we are using, for some reason would block the communicator.exe application from running on the first attempt on a select group of computers. We added this to the exceptions list and everything has been working since.

Thanks everyone so much for your help, this problem as caused me a lot of stress and am so happy to see it resolved    :)

• Marked as answer by Paddy91 Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:22 PM
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:21 PM
  • Hi every thanks for the help.

I thought I would let you know that we have escalated this problem to the company that installed lync for us. I will post any findings as they come along and hopefully we find a solution to the problem.

Thanks again

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, October 29, 2012 2:09 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 3:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Paddy91,

When caller receive Voice it means that user offline or forward to Voice mail is enabled.

Please check if that user logged to other machine and enable the forwarding .

I suggest to check that on different PC .(if this not working , try to temporary disable user from Lync then enable again)

Check network connectivity, DNS  because may be the Lync client take some time to be connected correctly .

Regards,

Ahmed

Please remember to Mark as Answer if my post help you .

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:28 AM
  • They are only running lnyc on device and call forwarding is not enabled. I will try disabling the user and re-enabling them and post if its successful

Thanks for the help

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:59 PM
  • Update on the issue. It has been found that multiple people are experiencing the same issue. Also people who have this problem when they try to call an external number the call will fail on the first attempt but succeed on the second attempt.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:01 PM
  • Also all users being effected are in the same subnet 

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:13 PM
  • Hi,

It is very strange because it only happens for the first call. You need to get more detail report for further troubleshooting.

Please try to enable logging tool to get report:

http://blog.schertz.name/2011/06/using-the-lync-logging-tool/

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558599.aspx

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Kent-Huang Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:33 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:29 AM
  • I suggest getting a trace on your front end server. If collocated Mediation, collect exchangeum, mediationserver, sipstack. This should help isolate the issue. Look for the invite to the client using snooper and see if it is forking to multiple appearances or if routing immediately. Maybe some other timing/delay issue.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Hi every thanks for the help.

I thought I would let you know that we have escalated this problem to the company that installed lync for us. I will post any findings as they come along and hopefully we find a solution to the problem.

Thanks again

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, October 29, 2012 2:09 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 3:59 AM
  • Hi guys.

I know this is an old tread but we have resolved the issue (finally) The anti-virus we are using, for some reason would block the communicator.exe application from running on the first attempt on a select group of computers. We added this to the exceptions list and everything has been working since.

Thanks everyone so much for your help, this problem as caused me a lot of stress and am so happy to see it resolved    :)

• Marked as answer by Paddy91 Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:22 PM
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:21 PM