How to add quantity for a check box item? RRS feed

• Question

• In a SP list, we can make user to select multiple items. but I also want to user to input the quantity to each selected. 

Is it possible and how to fulfill it?

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't understand you very clearly, could you please provide more detailed information ?

If you want to select multiple items and then input quantity to a specific field for each of the selected items, if my understanding is right, then, you can get the selected items using JavaScript Client Object Model and then set the field value.

If not, please detailed clarify your requirement.

Here are some code demos for your reference:

Get selected items from SharePoint 2010 list

How to set any SP.Field Value with JSOM

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 15, 2015 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi

i recommend you a secondary list , linked to the first one based on ID, and where you will store the values

The field for this secondary list

ID

parent_ID

item

Quantity

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:16 AM
  • I do not understand u well. I am junior in SP. can you please have some captures?

SP checkbox

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

I don't understand you very clearly, could you please provide more detailed information ?

If you want to select multiple items and then input quantity to a specific field for each of the selected items, if my understanding is right, then, you can get the selected items using JavaScript Client Object Model and then set the field value.

If not, please detailed clarify your requirement.

Here are some code demos for your reference:

Get selected items from SharePoint 2010 list

How to set any SP.Field Value with JSOM

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 15, 2015 5:58 AM