SharePoint Enterprise CAL licensing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I understand that to access the Enterprise edition features of SharePoint, a person/device must have both the SharePoint Standard CAL and the SharePoint Enterprise CAL. So, if we need to have enterprise features for 100 users, we have to buy both Standard and Enterprise CAL separately, 100 each?

BR, Sarath

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:06 PM

Answers

• For the SharePoint Server license, the Enterprise CAL is all you need. For all users using that SharePoint Server, they need Standard + Enterprise SharePoint User CALs.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:33 PM

All replies

• Quote "SharePoint Enterprise CAL is additive: to access the Enterprise edition features of SharePoint, a person/device must have both the SharePoint Standard CAL and the SharePoint Enterprise CAL."

Link: SharePoint 2013 licensing

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:16 PM
  • Hi,

I will put my question in this way. I'm planning to install SharePoint 2010 server with Enterprise CAL. So, if we need to have enterprise features for 100 users, we have to buy/install both Standard and Enterprise CAL separately or purchasing Enterprise CAL only will do the job?

BR, Sarath

• Edited by admin_sps Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:11 PM change in requirement
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:53 PM
  • For the SharePoint Server license, the Enterprise CAL is all you need. For all users using that SharePoint Server, they need Standard + Enterprise SharePoint User CALs.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:33 PM
  • Thanks Trevor!

BR, Sarath

Monday, February 9, 2015 6:57 AM