Mapping Drives RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a Windows 7 Pro workstation that I tried to map a drive to a Share on a Windows Server 2008 R2. The first time I tried it said access denied which was because I forgot to set the permissions. I gave the account access to the share with full control. Now I still can't get access to the share with that particular user account. I have tried on a different Windows 7 workstation and an Windows XP workstation without any trouble.

It seems like the Windows 7 Pro workstation remembered that I didn't have access the first time I tried to access the share and now it won't even look at the permission anymore even though I have permission to the share now.

Has anybody had this or know how to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

MC

Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

> It seems like the Windows 7 Pro workstation remembered that I didn't have access the first time I tried to access the share and now it won't even look at the permission anymore even though I have permission to the share now.

Is this a domain environment ? are both client and server domain member hosts ? have we logon client with this particular user account at this problematic computer ? Have we tried with logoff and logon again ?

Solution Center for Access Denied Error Messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/access-denied

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 9, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hi Tiger,

Yes the machines are on the same domain. I'm trying to map to a share on the server from a workstation.

Yes I tried to log off and back on. I then rebooted the to double check.

I double checked the permissions to the share and made sure I didn't make a mistake.

Thanks for your help!

MC

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:25 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for update.

> Yes the machines are on the same domain. I'm trying to map to a share on the server from a workstation.

We should assign domain name in UPN formats when input credential form a non domain joined computer. Could you try again and see how is going:

User Name Formats
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa380525(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:12 AM