none
DNS Configurations RRS feed

• Question

• I have got two separate network without trust relationships (Network A and B) The network is on the MPLS and my new network(A) need to access resources to other network(B).Currently i am using IP address to access the resources to network (B). Is there a way that i can configure B to resolve A DNS or A to resolve B without trust relationship?

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi NKhangwe Madzivhandila,

There are several ways to enable network A and network B resolve each other:

1. Configure forwarder: On DNS server in A, configure DNS server in B as forwarder, vice verse;

2. Configure conditional forwarder: On DNS server in A, configure DNS server in B as conditional forwarder, vice verse;

3. If DNS server A hold primary zone, then create related secondary zone on DNS server B, then transfer data, vice verse;

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 5:15 AM
  • Hi Nkangwe Madzivhandila,

Glad to hear it works. Then, you may mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:01 AM

All replies

• You could configure a DNS conditional forwarding on each domain and you will be able to use DNS name instead.

No trusts are required for conditional forwarding

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc794735(v=ws.10).aspx

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:19 PM
  • Hi

I tried that before but got an error "The server with IP Address is not Authoritative for the required zone" when it gives me an error it also shows the computer of the IP address i put in

Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:35 AM
  • First try to configure reverse look up & then configure conditional forwarding.
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:53 AM
  • Hi NKhangwe Madzivhandila,

There are several ways to enable network A and network B resolve each other:

1. Configure forwarder: On DNS server in A, configure DNS server in B as forwarder, vice verse;

2. Configure conditional forwarder: On DNS server in A, configure DNS server in B as conditional forwarder, vice verse;

3. If DNS server A hold primary zone, then create related secondary zone on DNS server B, then transfer data, vice verse;

Best Regards,

Anne

Friday, October 28, 2016 5:15 AM
  • Hi Anne

Thank you very much,I opted options 3 and is working

Regards

Friday, October 28, 2016 10:34 AM
  • Hi Nkangwe Madzivhandila,

Glad to hear it works. Then, you may mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,

Anne

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:01 AM