none
many mails are sent per minutes RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

I experinced that someone sent many mails at rate 2 mails per minute for 3 hours ,and only 2 users in my organization their inbox was full because of this mails  ,how can I stop this kind of attack in exchange 

I checked global settings :

it hs only limits for message size not and number of recipients 

Monday, July 22, 2019 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hello, if you dont have any filtering software, then you can set up a transport rule to reject a specific sender, see below for help and assistance.

please note this link is not provided by Microsoft and as such is liable to change and I can make no guarantees about its content.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/532504-custom-reject-notificaiton-in-exchange-2010

Monday, July 22, 2019 12:45 PM
  • Dear Anewton,

I appreciate your kind support ,but I don't need that to happen again ,I don't know who will be the sender 

next time 

Monday, July 22, 2019 12:52 PM
  • no problem,

In that case i would say you need this, as previously its not a link provided by Microsoft and is liable to change and I make no grantees about the content.

https://inspyreone.weebly.com/blog/exchange-2010-content-filtering-spam-settings

• Proposed as answer by Anewton Monday, July 22, 2019 2:04 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

1.Did the similar issues happen on the two recipients before?

2.Is the sender internal or external?

3.Are the spam messages have the same subject or contents?

As Anewton mentioned, If the sender is external, you could add the mailbox as a mail contact, then create a transport rule in EAC to block the spam messages. The settings are like the chart below:

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:59 AM
  • hi kelvin ,

it's external ,I stopped him using the rules ,these 2 mails didn't experience this issue before , but I need something to defened that action ,not to happen again 

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

At present, the spam messages are blocked. Due to the contingency, I suggest you observe for a while if the spam attack doesn’t happen once again. If the users are still attacked by different senders, I'll give you further support.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Friday, July 26, 2019 1:39 AM
  • hi kelvin,

this is the second time that this kind of attack happened since 6 month for diffirent uesrs and I have kasperesky antispam for the exchange 2010.

what sould I do to avoid this kind of attack

Friday, July 26, 2019 7:14 AM
  • Hi,

Exchange 2010 comes with built-in anti-spam agents. You can enable these agents to tackle email spams.The anti-spam filters are applied in a specific order.

For detailed process and more information about anti-spam agents, see the articles below:

Understanding Anti-Spam and Antivirus Functionality

How to Install AntiSpam Agents in Exchange 2010

Configure Anti-Spam Features on a Mailbox

Configure Anti-Spam Agents in Exchange 2010

Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Friday, July 26, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:44 AM