How do I set up the package content path in the Sequencer to reference the folder where my application is stored in the content folder? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am have sequenced my application and stop monitoring the program.

On the deployment tab I have set my application to stream using the RTSP.

Then I have statically typed in the fqdn of my streaming server.

The next part asks for the content directory. This is what I need help with.

On my management server I have created sub-directories withihn the shared content folder.

eg:

Content

Office

Photoshop

Cubase.

So how would I set the content path to run the application from the Cubase folder on my management Server?

Thanks

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:37 PM

Answers

• It's simple really: write "Cubase" in that text-box in the Sequencer's Deployment -tab, following the port number (554 in your  case). Then just copy all the files you got from Sequencer to that Cubase -directory. Import application using Management Console's Import -functionality on Applications -node and browse your SPRJ file in Cubase directory.

Before you do that, though, set your default content path from Management Console's System Options (right-click on the node under topmost node). What you need to write in is either UNC or HTTP path to your shared content -path (e.g. \\appvserver\content). This way you make import process to automatically modify all OSD and ICO paths to correct form for publishing app from chosen subdirectory in content.

Tha's it, pretty much.

/Kalle

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:45 PM

All replies

• It's simple really: write "Cubase" in that text-box in the Sequencer's Deployment -tab, following the port number (554 in your  case). Then just copy all the files you got from Sequencer to that Cubase -directory. Import application using Management Console's Import -functionality on Applications -node and browse your SPRJ file in Cubase directory.

Before you do that, though, set your default content path from Management Console's System Options (right-click on the node under topmost node). What you need to write in is either UNC or HTTP path to your shared content -path (e.g. \\appvserver\content). This way you make import process to automatically modify all OSD and ICO paths to correct form for publishing app from chosen subdirectory in content.

Tha's it, pretty much.

/Kalle

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:45 PM
  •  Thanks I will give it a try and let you know how I get on.
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:45 PM