locked
runtime data sequencing! RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, i have sequenced an application which has java dependency for working.

    I have sequenced them seperately and modified the osd of the Main app Dependencies to refer Java app.

    Now the problem is the Main app while launching is creating runtime data in Documents & Settings in user profile...while monitoring those folders are also captured & it works fine while sequencing. But in the client machine it is not working, it is refering to the local user profile for that folder.

    can anybody suggest me how to go about these type of apps.....

     

    Friday, February 22, 2008 5:44 AM

Answers

All replies

  •  

    Could you elaborate the issue for better understanding.

     

    Friday, February 22, 2008 9:26 AM
  • i installed java on the base machine which is a pre-req for the app & sequenced the "xyz" app. while monitoring i installed the "xyz" app & when launched it is loaded in ie browser making use of java applet. when i launch, runtime data "SUN" folder is created in documents & Settings , user profile, AppData.

    next, i modified osd to refer java sequenced app which is installed on client machine. when i try to launch the "xyz" app through the ie shortcut that it has created......it starts java & give out an error stating "Digital Signature error".

    Friday, February 22, 2008 9:57 AM
  •  

    even i am also facing the same problem.
    Friday, February 22, 2008 10:24 AM
  • Hi
     
    Have you tried using Dynamic Suite Composition for the Java App?  The following link has more information about Dynamic Suite Composition.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc843662.aspx

    Thanks,
    Dan Bernhardt [MSFT]
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:40 PM
    Answerer
  • I am guessing here...

    To capture the changes in "Documents and Settings\User...\AppData\SUN", you must have changed the exclusion path list in the sequencer.  This is recorded in the OSD, so that the client has this information at runtime.

    If you made the exclusion change when sequencing the Java portion, but did not make the exclusion when sequencing the app, the client would not see the exclusion.  This is because the mainapp OSD only refers to the the java package sft - so anything in the Java OSD that the client needs would be missing.  This affects not only modified exclusion lists, but any environment variable changes or registry items detailed in the OSD itself (so a path variable would be missing).  If this turns out to be the case, you can simply copy the items from the java OSD to the mainapp OSD to solve.

    I noticed that there are a lot of java issues posted right now, especially with older versions of Java.  So stay tuned to all the posts for ideas and solutions.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:26 PM
    Moderator

  • When you say "simply copy the items from the java OSD to the mainapp OSD" , how would that help after sequencing without the exclusion is place.

    Are you asking to copy the <CODEBASE HREF>contents

    Let me confirm whether I got it right. So ideally we have to have the exclusion setting to be the same in the main app or the java app so that the files or registry would not be missing in the client end.  Please correct me if Iam wrong.

    Or could we devirtualize the folder which was created runtime so that everytime the file would be created in the local machine and it would look for the entries locally. Devirtualizing the folder actually helped and we do not get the error now.

    Please comment if this could be a right solution.


    J.Caleb Kirubakaran
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:29 AM