MY MICROSOFT WORD WONT WORK!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I was typing on Microsoft Word and then the spinney thing popped up and i couldn't click on anything in word! It wont even pop up when i click on the Word symbol! any ideas?<span class="t-marker"></span><span class="t-marker"></span>
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• I was typing on Microsoft Word and then the spinney thing popped up and i couldn't click on anything in word! It wont even pop up when i click on the Word symbol! any ideas?
    • Merged by Steve Fan Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:49 AM duplicate post
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:02 PM
  • Hello,

I had a few encounters with word "hanging" and not reacting anymore .

After ending the proces it would start up fine again. so u could wait for it, but my guess would be ending the word proces and starting word again is faster.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:19 PM
  • 1. Check this KB: https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/kb/921541

2. Run WORD typing winword /a then disable all add-ins.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 3:22 PM
  • I am guessing a bad Add-In. Add-Ins in Microsoft Word

There are thousands of good ones out there, but a few that can really mess something up.

I would strongly suggest that you post your question on the retail user site rather than the IT Technet site.

Word Answers

If you do, include a link to here with a note that it was cross-posted.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:33 PM
  • I tried it- does not work. The https://... etc. does not pop up when I search. Sorry!
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 12:36 AM
  • thanks it worked! :) -technet pro
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 12:39 AM
  • Hi,

Glad that the issue is resolved. Please mark worked reply as answer to close this thread. And other partners who have similar issue can also learn from your posting.

Appreciate for your question and answers.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:12 AM