none
Scheduled Task not updating in existing task throught GPO

Question

• Hello,

We are using Windows Server 2012 R2 as Domain Controller and Windows 8.1 Client machine.

And deployed one task scheduled through Group Policy and its successfully deployed on client machine but the problem is when we update or change some settings in particular scheduled task from GPO its not updating in existing scheduled task but its creating new one and when I am updating the task Action set as in Update mode.

Also checked Sysvol folder in client and server machine there is only shows updated ScheduledTasks.xml file that means everything is up to date and syncing properly.

So please help me to find out why schedule task not updating in existing task and creating duplicate.

Help would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Ankit Moradiya

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Ankit,
    Please have a try to use Replace mode in the group policy preference and see if it works.
    And for me, I would create a new GPO with preference to delete old task firstly and use another GPO to deploy the task with changed settings
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 01, 2016 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Ankit,
    Please have a try to use Replace mode in the group policy preference and see if it works.
    And for me, I would create a new GPO with preference to delete old task firstly and use another GPO to deploy the task with changed settings
    Best regards,
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 01, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Hi Wendy.

Thanks for your information. but i have already deleted task from GPO but it still exist in client machine is there any way to delete it from all computer.

And I will try your suggested way by use Replace mode and update here.

Regards,

Ankit Moradiya

Thursday, December 01, 2016 6:26 AM
  • Hi,

As GPP has tattoo feature, I would suggest to configure another GPO with remove option in the group policy preference.

In addition, I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Monday, December 05, 2016 1:32 AM

• Wendy Thanks for your information.

Replace mode is working fine but could you please guide me How to delete old event task because its already deleted from GPO and existing in Client machine.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ankit

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 6:34 AM
  • Hello Wendy,

My problem is solved. there two task scheduled existing with same name but the only difference between is one have selected "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start a missed" and another one was unchecked. So i have created two delete task in GPO with same name and different checkbox settings. This method works.

Appreciated your help.

Thanks,

Ankit Moradiya

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 8:39 AM
  • Hi Ankit,
    I am glad that the problem is solved, and appreciate you for the update and marking the reply as answers, it will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Thursday, December 08, 2016 1:29 AM