none
MDT 2012 - AIK and ADK?

Question

• We're upgrading 2010 to 2012 for Win7 deployments.  However, we also want to start testing Win8.  Will installing the ADK in tandem with AIK cause issues with the W7 deployments?  I'm guessing things like USMT 4 vs USMT 5 will require us to re-engineer the W7 deployments, but would like to deploy both from the same box if possible.
    • Edited by mcb247 Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:27 PM
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

MDT2012 handles multiple version of USMT, just put a USMT4 and USMT5 folder in your tools folder inside you DS and configure USMT4=YES in your Win7 TS and USMT5=YES in your Win8 TS.

But I think you can only have ADK or AIK, I don't think you can have both on the same server

David Sebban | Nelite North America | http://www.nelite.com/community/b/dsebban/default.aspx

Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:30 PM
  • It's true, you can't/should not have both AIK / ADK on the same machine, there are some components that conflicts with each other.
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:35 PM
  • So it sounds like we'd need to re-engineer the W7 builds to work using only the ADK?  Otherwise, we need a seperate box for W8 deployments?
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:10 PM
  • You can still deploy win8 with AIK no need to change just for that.

and ADK is still in beta so is it for production i would stick with AIK. you can "change" it later on.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:17 PM