HowTo: Change from default of "Shutdown" to "Restart"? RRS feed

• Question

• Win7100

Can I change the "Start" option from a default of "Shutdown" to "Restart"?

Almost 100% of the time, my preference is Restart.

I am a software developer with products that need to work on multiple versions of Windows. I tend to shift around between partitions on a regular basis ... sometimes several times per day.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:51 PM

Answers

• 1) Open Start Menu
    2) right-click anywhere that's not a button
    3) Click "Properties" (I don't know the exact wording, don't have English version)
    4) In dropdown choose "Restart"
    5) "OK"

Regards,
    Kristaps.

P.S.: Epic shoop is epic.
    • Edited by Kristaps. _ Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Target362 Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:03 AM

All replies

• 1) Open Start Menu
    3) Click "Properties" (I don't know the exact wording, don't have English version)
    5) "OK"

Regards,
    Kristaps.

• Edited by Kristaps. _ Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Target362 Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:03 AM
  • 1) Open Start Menu
    5) "OK"

Regards,
    Kristaps.

Yep. Thats the way to do it. now if only they can color code those options, and add a positive "confirmation screen" to advoid accidental clicks.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:09 AM
  • No, no, no! No confirmation screens! We already discussed that a week or two ago.

Confirmation screen was good for XP, where all you could get was one "shut down" button, under which were all the sub-features -- stand by, hybernate, shut down.
    In Win7, each and every one of available options is available in the dropdown, hence the no need for any confirmation screens, since there is instant choice.

Accidental clicks? I'm sorry, but people who can't hit a button right shouldn't make harder the lives of people who can.
    Regards,
    Kristaps.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:17 AM
  • No, no, no! No confirmation screens! We already discussed that a week or two ago.

Confirmation screen was good for XP, where all you could get was one "shut down" button, under which were all the sub-features -- stand by, hybernate, shut down.
    In Win7, each and every one of available options is available in the dropdown, hence the no need for any confirmation screens, since there is instant choice.

Accidental clicks? I'm sorry, but people who can't hit a button right shouldn't make harder the lives of people who can.
    Regards,
    Kristaps.

News flash! You are not the only one using windows.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:53 AM