skype for business automatically start the app when i log into windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to make sure every one is online when they start there system...  But automatically start the app when i log into windows is not working. after it is enabling and restart the lync or skype for business it will get unchecked automatically.. i need this to work properly.

Re

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:06 PM

Answers

• This is typically added to the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key when it's set.

For Office 2013, you should have the key: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\lync.exe" /fromrunkey

For Office 2016 you should have: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe" /fromrunkey

If you don't see that in there, then something is protecting that registry key, you need to find it and allow this exception, or just force it in with a group policy.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Saturday, September 3, 2016 2:51 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:25 PM

All replies

• This is typically added to the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key when it's set.

For Office 2013, you should have the key: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\lync.exe" /fromrunkey

For Office 2016 you should have: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe" /fromrunkey

If you don't see that in there, then something is protecting that registry key, you need to find it and allow this exception, or just force it in with a group policy.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Saturday, September 3, 2016 2:51 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:25 PM
  • Hi Chetan Kumar V,

Yes, Anthony is correct.

You could also go to option—personal—check “automatically start the app when I log on to windows”

Please refer to

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-Personal-options-in-Skype-for-Business-68bacc31-71d3-44c3-a4d4-64da78c447aa

If it not works, please try to make sure your client with the latest update, you could also try to perform a clean boot on your windows and test again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Moreover, you could also try to modify the registry key to force the SFB log on to windows automatically by the method provided by the Anthony.

Here is a blog for your reference

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rischwen/2013/06/20/lync-2013-client-auto-start-registry-key/

Hope this helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:38 AM