none
Interim Baseline Not Working Properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

MS Project Standard 2013 user - I'm currently trying to generate interim baselines (start8/finish8, start9/finish9, start10/finish10) for a report that I will be creating for a customer. When I go to set my interim baseline (Project>Set Baseline>Set Interim Plan) I choose Start8/Finish8. I'll have those fields showing in my Table to see the outcome; what I get is the Finish8 will copy my Start Field and my Start9 will remain NA throughout. Setting normal baselines seems to work without issues. 

I have tried de-corrupting files by saving as .XML and re-opening in a new project. Also have tried on a brand new Project file altogether to see if it would save interim baselines. Neither times did those attempts work. Hoping maybe someone can shed some light on something I may be doing wrong, or whatever the case may be. All feedback is greatly appreciated. 

-Jay M.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:15 PM

Answers

• Jay --

You are describing a bug that was uncovered by one of my fellow MVPs and reported to Microsoft.  If I remember correctly, Microsoft confirmed that this is a bug and that they would fix it.  I am not sure of the status of the fix at this point, but I would recommend that you make sure your Microsoft Project 2013 is updated with the latest Cumulative Updates.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:55 PM

All replies

• Jay --

You are describing a bug that was uncovered by one of my fellow MVPs and reported to Microsoft.  If I remember correctly, Microsoft confirmed that this is a bug and that they would fix it.  I am not sure of the status of the fix at this point, but I would recommend that you make sure your Microsoft Project 2013 is updated with the latest Cumulative Updates.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:55 PM
  • Dale,

Thank you for your response, I will make sure I have those updates. I was afraid it would be a bug in the software, but I'm glad I know the root of the problem now. Thanks again for your input. 

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:09 PM
  • Hi Jay!

After a quick test, I reproduce the bug: copying start8/finish8 in start9/finish9, start9 stays empty and start 8 is copied in finish9.

You should report it to Microsoft.

As a workaround I'd suggest you to use the baseline 8 and to copy it in the baseline 9. You'll need more information that just start/finish but it will give you what you're trying to achieve.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:21 PM
  • Jay --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:49 PM