XP pro to Windows 7 Enterprise?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I really do appologise if this has been asked before but I cannot find an answer to this.

If we have XP Pro licenses can we purchase Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade licenses or do we have to have Windows 7 Pro on a like for like basis?

Rob
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Rob

If you have Windows XP installed, you can purchase the upgrade to any retail version of Windows 7. This will require that you perform a Custom (clean) install with the Windows 7 upgrade media. See the following website for the step by step instructions.

Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7

The Windows 7 Enterprise edition is not available for retail sales to consumers. It is only available through a volume licensing agreement. Here are some links that describe the purchase options for this edition and requirements.

Microsoft Windows Enterprise: Buy Solutions for Your Organization

Download: Top Benefits for Enterprise Customers

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:21 PM
  • Hi Ronnie,

Many thanks for your answer.

Those links are perfect.  We do have a Select plus agreement so it looks like we are OK to do this.

Thanks again.
    Rob
    Friday, November 27, 2009 12:10 PM
  • Perhaps not a reply but a request for assistance .... I work for a large organization that has made Windows 7 available to its personnel via a download, which I have done. I run XP Pro 32bit version on my desktop at home and I'd like to modernize it and upgrade to Windows 7. The file I downloaded has an ISO extension. I have a program called "Power ISO" which I think I can use on the ISO file I downloaded. I think this process of upgrading to Windows 7 is going to be complicated. I have run an upgrade/compatibility program of MS' I downloaded from their website and it seems to be giving me a green light. Can you point me to a tutorial or some readable instructions that would not be too hard to follow or any good resource to help with this upgrade. I would like an easy step-by-step description, but perhapst that'd be asking too much.

Monday, August 30, 2010 12:03 PM