none
FIM Reporting Re-Installation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• We have recently upgraded the entire FIM Environment from 4.1.3451.0 to 4.1.3510.0

For FIM Service, I have un-installed Reporting feature, installed the patched successfully, however when trying to re-install Reporting feature back onto the FIM Service Node it throws KB2561430 missing error. I have made sure KB2561430 and all the latest SCSM Cumulative updates are in place on SCSM and all the FIM Service Nodes

I tried to install the Reporting feature using the work around provided by MS, tried to install it using the command line for unattended installation and have made sure the value for EXISTINGDATABASE=1 and other parameters passed in the command are correct.

The unattended installation goes through fine, however I don't see Reporting feature installed when we go through Add/Remove Programs.

Can I remove FIM Service completely from the Server and try a clean install instead.

Has anyone experienced this kind of an issue, Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Install update 4.1.3461.0. Refer below link, it will resolve this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2870703

Enayathulla.S

Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:00 PM
  • Hi,

Install update 4.1.3461.0. Refer below link, it will resolve this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2870703

Enayathulla.S

Why do you propose earlier patch once they patched it with more current version?

Abhishek,

You have uninstalled reporting and, during command line patching, you have re-used the same database. The same, so without reporting. So behaviour is OK. You should use command line with EXISTINGDATABASE=1 but with SERVICE_MANAGER_SERVER=SCSMSERVER also.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:22 PM
  • Hi Dominik,

Sorry, I just suggested that since that was working for me when I faced the same issue during my deployment. I was installing Service & Reporting ( version was 4.1.3451 ), after installing the fix 4.1.3461 I can able to continue the installation of Reporting in change mode. even I tried the workaround, it was not working for me. But I didn't try with fix 4.1.3510.

Could you able to help on my query:

If we install the updates, will it affect custom workflow activity. Do we need to rebuilt & register the activity again?

Enayathulla.S

Monday, June 16, 2014 6:20 AM

• Yes, I have passed EXISTINGDATABASE=1 with SERVICE_MANAGER_SERVER='SCSMSERVER' and SERVICEADDRESS= 'FIM Service NLB' parameters in the command line, but that didn't help much.

The only option I see now is to try and perform a clean install and check if that resolves the issue.

Monday, June 16, 2014 7:17 AM

• If we install the updates, will it affect custom workflow activity. Do we need to rebuilt & register the activity again?

No, you do not have to rebuild/re-register activity.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by MKołódź Monday, June 16, 2014 10:32 AM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 9:11 AM
  • So if you try to run in "Change" mode you cannot install reporting as it says SCSM is at wrong patch level (known issue) and if you install from command line it reports as success but FIM Reporting is still not installed?

Monday, June 16, 2014 9:14 AM
  • That is correct. If we try and run the setup in Change mode it throws the KB2561430 missing error, which is a known bug and Microsoft acknowledges it and if we run it using command line the setup completes successfully but Reporting still doesn't get installed.

Monday, June 16, 2014 11:17 AM
  • I haven't tried this, but please check if Enayathulla's solution works.

If not, I would try re-installing FIM. Or add another FIMService node and check if you can install reporting there.

Monday, June 16, 2014 12:36 PM