Deleted CI's not deleted after manual removal of connector RRS feed

• Question

• I had several older disabled AD connectors in SCSM that had imported user CI's which already had been removed in the AD (during that time the workflow service account did not have read permission on the deleted items container in the AD and thus the CI's were never removed). I tried to delete the connectors in the console but got error messages. Deleting them through powershell did also fail. The only thing I could do was manually remove the connectors out of the service manager database.

The connectors are deleted now, but all CI's imported Only by these connectors are still in the CMDB and are not automatically removed. Even when I remove them and delete them out of the deleted items, they re-appear after a few days. It seems that the manual removal of the connector did not trigger the service manager database to clean-up the CI's imported by tehse connectors. Does anybody have a procedure how to delete these orphaned CI's

best regards,

Patrick

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:19 PM

Answers

• Finally got this one solved. The users did have a manager configured in the AD and when the user was deleted the SCSM service account did not have read accces to the deleted items container. This ended up with the fact that the users, including the manager relation, got deleted from the AD but not from SCSM and the user CI did come back because the manager relation was still active.

After manually removing the manager relation from the user CI in SCSM and deleting them again they never came back.

Friday, October 7, 2016 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the links below:

Effects of Deleting a Connector on Configuration Items

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh524309.aspx

SCSM 2012: Deleting Configuration Items in Bulk in System Center 2012 Service Manager with PowerShell

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/scsm-2012-deleting-configuration-items-in-bulk-in-system-center-2012-service-manager-with-powershell/

If you need some further assistance, it is recommended that you contact Microsoft Product Support Services via
    telephone.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:35 AM
  • HI,

I know these articles, and the problem is that the process stated in the first article is not happening. After manually removing the connectors in the database, CI's that were replicated only by these connectors are still in the CMD and not removed. They were never replicated over one of the existing connectors.

When I manually remove the CI they will re-appear after a couple of days, although they do not exist in the AD for a more then a year now and are no re-imported again.

The clean-up process, as described in the first article, never  took place and my question is how to do this manually

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Finally got this one solved. The users did have a manager configured in the AD and when the user was deleted the SCSM service account did not have read accces to the deleted items container. This ended up with the fact that the users, including the manager relation, got deleted from the AD but not from SCSM and the user CI did come back because the manager relation was still active.

After manually removing the manager relation from the user CI in SCSM and deleting them again they never came back.

Friday, October 7, 2016 9:30 PM