Proclarity Web professional on Citrix Presentation Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've question about possibilty instalation ProClarity Web Professional (with ProClarity Selector and Proclarity KPI Designer) on Citrix Presentation Server.

PAS 6.3 will be on aplication server and MS Analysis Services will be on database server. User will be login to Citrix and run IE and next ProClarity Web Professional.

Is anybody who install this configuration?

Users have poor internet connections for run ProClarity Web Professional from PC and they must working in Web Professional, not Web Standard.

I've know about installation ProClarity Desktop Professional on Citrix, it's worked.

Thank's

Zbig

Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:04 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Zbig,

I know that ProClarity has a handful of customers who have successfully deployed Citrix / ProClarity Web Professional.  I don't have the required knowledge to comment on your Citrix configuration, however maybe there are a few Citrix professionals out there will read this post and lend some guidance.  I can tell you that ProClarity was never tested within a Citrix environment and that it is only supported until commercially feasible. 

However, are you stating that the ProClarity Desktop Professional client is faster than the Web Professional Client in terms of connectivity?  Do you have each client piece installed on the same machine?

Regards,

Amanda

Friday, June 27, 2008 5:51 PM

All replies

•  

Hello Zbig,

I know that ProClarity has a handful of customers who have successfully deployed Citrix / ProClarity Web Professional.  I don't have the required knowledge to comment on your Citrix configuration, however maybe there are a few Citrix professionals out there will read this post and lend some guidance.  I can tell you that ProClarity was never tested within a Citrix environment and that it is only supported until commercially feasible. 

However, are you stating that the ProClarity Desktop Professional client is faster than the Web Professional Client in terms of connectivity?  Do you have each client piece installed on the same machine?

Regards,

Amanda

Friday, June 27, 2008 5:51 PM
  • Thank's Amanda,

We will be testing Proclarity Web Professional on Citrix.

We plain to install on Citrix server ProClarity Web professional, ProClarity KPI Designer and ProClarity Selector.

PAS 6.3 will be install on separately, aplication server.

I've hope that this post will be comented by somebody who  successfully deployed Citrix / ProClarity Web Professional.

In future we plain to instal on Citrix a client PPS 2007 Monitoring Module components too.

Best regards

Zbig

Friday, July 4, 2008 11:47 AM
  • One setup I worked with was PAS/PPS installed on the DB server, and Citrix Presentation Server installed on the application server.  Users would log into Citrix and access PAS via their Citrix session.

I would not recommend installing PAS or PPS on the same machine as the Citrix Presentation Server.  Citrix and all of the client citrix sessions seemed to be a heavy enough load on the server without having PAS/PPS on the same server.

Regards,

Armando

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 3:54 PM
  • Hi Zbig,

We are currently trying to figure out how to get web professional to work for users on citrix to no avail.  Did you ever get this up and running?  I would be grateful to know how it was accomplished.

Thanks,

-Sue
    Monday, January 25, 2010 11:32 PM
  • Hello,

I'm not a Citrix expert, but we have been running Web Professional through Citrix for a long time, only because it runs faster over remote network connections. Can I ask what is stopping you from getting it to work? I might be able to ask one of our Citrix people a sensible question about your perceived issues.

We are now running the 6.2 client (and extremely worried about moving to 6.3 and losing our beloved Business Reporter).

-Les
    Les
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:43 AM