none
Begin Task RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a task that begins at the earliest end date of a series of predecessors and ends at the latest end date of the same series of predecessors.  If this is not possible to accomplish on one line can I create two milestones a beginning and an ending milestone and have a task span the two with the same requirements as above for each <g class="gr_ gr_254 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="254" id="254">ilestone</g>?

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Friday, September 25, 2015 1:53 AM

All replies

• Anything can be done with VBA, and it usually essential if you need to compare data in one row with data in another row. However, it may also be possible with some routine sorting, grouping and filtering and a simple recorded macro to make a hammock task.

How are you going to select the subset of tasks that you want to do this to? Can you filter for them?
    Make a custom filter for just those tasks that you want + the new task which will be the hammock.

Then sort them by finish, earliest finish at the top. Copy that finish cell and paste special, paste link to the start of the hammock. Then copy the finish cell of the one at the bottom of the list and paste special, paste link tot he finish of the hammock.

Friday, September 25, 2015 4:42 AM
  • Carlson2001,

Although a hammock task might seem the obvious choice, you might want to read the following article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32040.ms-project-hammock-tasks.aspx

John

Friday, September 25, 2015 2:49 PM